The workshop included presentations from several countries on a variety of issues, approaches and solutions in their different contexts. Presentations emphasized recent developments on test methods, building airtightness performance data, approaches to design, construction and commissioning that contribute to good airtightness performance, and the development of airtightness requirements in codes, standards and regulations. While much of the discussion focused on commercial and other high‐rise buildings, the workshop also addressed residential buildings.
- Bring to light newest developments on sealing techniques, durability, test methods and analyses, challenges and solutions in high‐rise buildings
- Foster programmes and networking activities regarding airtightness issues.
- How should airtightness be specified and controlled?
- How does airtightness changes with time, how can one assess and minimize this, and how does that affect the building’s overall performance over its lifetime?
- What are the limits of today’s solutions in high‐rise buildings?