Ventilative cooling is the use of natural or mechanical ventilation strategies to cool indoor spaces. It can significantly reduce the cooling energy demand in summer or mid-season conditions. Therefore, ventilative cooling is increasingly common in NZEBs.
This BUILD UP Web Seminar addressed the following:
- Challenges for ventilative cooling in the context of NZEB - the venticool platform;
- Potential energy savings and the new IEA EBC Annex 62 on ventilative cooling; and
- Case studies - demonstrated high level summer comfort in real buildings.
- Welcome | Peter Wouters, INIVE eeig on behalf of BUILD UP
- Ventilative cooling -- a hot topic! | Peter Wouters, INIVE eeig
- IEA EBC Annex 62 Ventilative Cooling | Per Heiselberg, Aalborg University
- Examples of naturally cooled buildings | Flourentzos Flourentzou, ESTIA Innovation park EPFL
- Questions and Answers
For further information please scroll down to download the flyer, slides and view the recordings.